Loreto Old Scholars
LOSA Committee 2013
- President - Sheila McKenna
- Vice President - Hayley O'Kelly
- Treasurer - Lauren Trengove
- Secretary - Helen Rodriquez
- IBVM Representative - Sr Margaret Gray IBVM
- School Representative - Rosalie Gleeson, Principal
- Committee Members - Veronica Graham, Elizabeth Healey, Jessica Mignone, Linda Mignone, Judy Rice, Margaret Sullivan, Angela Honner, Eliza Paparella, Sophie Plagakis, Hannah Mahar, Marie Rocca, Barbara Ward, Sarah Tronnolone
Objectives of the Loreto Old Scholars' Association
- To encourage a Loreto spirit amongst Old Scholars and bring Old Scholars into contact with one another, students and teachers of the School and the IBVM;
- To assist the achievement of the common aims and goals which the Association shares with the School, the IBVM and Mary Ward International (or such other equivalent body set up by the IBVM);
- To work for the advancement of higher education among women and their increased participation in the life of the Church and the Community;
- To provide scholarships for boarding and day scholars of the School;
- To raise funds and subscribe to any local or other charities and such social concerns as shall, from time to time, be agreed by the Committee;
- To acknowledge the contribution of the IBVM; and
- To promote and encourage participation, attendance and involvement by Old Scholars in Loreto Federation.
Rules of Association
The Old Scholars Association replaced its Constitution with a new Rules of Association at the Annual General Meeting held on 18 February 2008. The new Rules are drafted in plain English and embody a new structure of the Association that takes into account the investment funds.
Many thanks to Vickianne West, Sarah Henderson, Alice Hoban and Genevieve White for drafting the new Rules.
For any old scholar enquiries please contact the College Community Relations Officer, Marg Campbell, on 8334 4227 or via email.