Gonzaga Barry ibvm was the foundress of Loreto Education in Australia. Her passion for girls’ education had a significant influence on the development of education across Australia. In order to celebrate Gonzaga Barry’s vision for the education of girls, this scholarship is aimed at providing a Loreto Education for girls that are related to a Loreto Marryatville Old Scholar and would not be able to attend Loreto College without financial assistance. This scholarship acknowledges the long tradition of 145 years of Loreto Education in Australia and 115 years of Loreto Education in Adelaide.
- The Gonzaga Barry Scholarship is offered to new Year 10 students wishing to enter Loreto College. A maximum of two scholarships will be awarded annually.
- To be eligible the student must be a daughter, granddaughter, or niece of an Old Scholar from Loreto College Marryatville.
- This is a means-tested scholarship and is directed towards students who due to financial hardship, would not be able to attend Loreto College.
- Students must also meet the all-rounder scholarship criteria. The all-rounder scholarship is based on presentation of a portfolio. The student will not only provide evidence of a growth mindset with regard to academic success but also demonstrate how they encapsulate the values of a Loreto education through their contribution to their school and broader community in such things as co-curricular activities, leadership and social justice.
- Parents will provide copies of all financial documents requested, recent school reports, NAPLAN results and any other documentation that is relevant in supporting the Gonzaga Barry Scholarship application.
- The scholarship will provide 100% remission of fees as set by the College Board. Additional expenses such as a laptop computer, books and equipment required for the delivery of curriculum, uniform, camp fees, private music tuition, or any other paid sport or activity outside of the normal College Fees, including Boarding fees, are not included.
Gonzaga Barry Scholarship Application Form
Scholarship applications must include:
- Completed Gonzaga Barry Scholarship Application Form
- Certified copies of requested financial documentation
- All-rounder Portfolio and supplementary documentation. Portfolios will not be returned to the applicants.
Registrations are now open and will close on 31 July 2020.