By 1905 a suitable house had been found in Sydenham Road, Norwood (now Wynwood Nursing Home). Gonzaga Barry ibvm arrived with Mother Boniface Volker as first Superior and Mother Bertrand on 14 January. The Sisters of St Joseph offered their help and the school opened in early February with five students.
By 1907 there were 70 pupils, so Loreto moved to a larger house on The Parade at the corner of Eastey Street. By 1909, adjacent land had been acquired and a new hall and dormitory opened, but numbers continued to increase. In 1920, after the death of Sir Edwin Smith, his home, The Acacias, became available, and Loreto moved to Marryatville.
Further properties have gradually been bought and new buildings erected, including classrooms, science laboratories, libraries, a gymnasium, art and textiles spaces, our music and performing arts centre, and boarding facilities. These spaces have provided for the Loreto education of many thousands of students over the last century and beyond.