17 December 2021
Loreto College Students Make History
Loreto students have once again proudly participated and excelled in The National History Competition, with several students being awarded as state and national winners in their respective categories.
Congratulations to Emma Choi (Year 8) who was awarded the title: 2021 South Australian Young Historian of the Year. This wonderful achievement by Emma in winning the South Australian Young Historian of the Year Award, is an exceptional achievement. It also marks four consecutive years that a Loreto Student has won this esteemed title. Emma was also the winning recipient of both the National and South Australian Winner of the Using Primary Resources Category.
We congratulate the following students for their outstanding achievements:
- Alyssa Reed, State Winner: Years 1-4 Category (Alyssa has won this award 4 years in a row!)
- Alexandra Seal, State Winner: Year Nine Category
- Amber Hallett, State Winner: Sport History Category
- Jessica Simmons and Ava Desteno, State Winners: Museum Exhibit Category
- Emma Choi, State Winner: Using Primary Sources Category
- Emma Choi, National Winner: Using Primary Sources Category
- Emma Choi, The 2021 South Australian Young Historian of the Year
These results demonstrate the commitment by our students at Loreto College to consistently enter and thrive in national and state competitions which provide unique learning opportunities which in turn complement their studies and extend their learning.
All National History Challenge entrants and winners will be acknowledged at a school assembly early in the new year.